Recreation & Parks
Westminster City Department of Recreation and Parks is dedicated to providing citizens with safe and enjoyable activities events and park services. The department is committed to organizing and promoting a variety of recreational activities and events designed to encourage family interaction and personal enjoyment. We also partner with a number of community organizations in an effort to promote the health and well being of our local citizens.
For more information on the following services, check out the links on the left.
- - The City of Westminster Summer Camp offers endless opportunities for your child to have a fun and memorable summer camp experience each and every week. Each day at camp is designed to spark your child's imagination, grow new friendships and assist them in discovering new talents.
- Events and Programs - The Recreation and Parks Department offers year-round programs for the entire family. A few of the events are Mother-Son and Daddy-Daughter Date Nights, Corbit's Charge Ball, and A Month of Sunday's Concert Series.
- Family Fitness Center and Longwell Center are housed in the historic Armory along with the Recreation and Parks administrative offices. This full-service health and wellness center for all ages has selectorized and free weight equipment, a cardiovascular center, group fitness classes, child supervision, game rooms and locker rooms and is open seven days a week. There is also a gym and space for classes. Memberships and daily guest fees are available.
- Parks & Trail The city has 14 parks totaling 50 miles. Nine parks have play equipment for Pre- K and school-age children. Other resources in the parks include 4 multi-purpose fields, four basketball courts, seven tennis courts, climbing boulders, six pavilions, two plazas, and a skate park. The city also has a walking trail that runs from Uniontown Road to Long Valley Road. The trail is approximately 2 miles long.
- Pool The Westminster Municipal Pool is currently undergoing renovations.
- REGISTER FOR PROGRAMS AND MAKE PAVILION RESERVATIONS ONLINE!- Click here to use our online registration program.
Each event for fall 2023 has a special gift detailed in the volunteer listings!
The Volunteer Incentive Program will be relaunched on January 1, 2024! This will include rewards for numbers of hours served through the entire calendar year, each volunteer will keep track of their own hours and submit to Rec & Parks. Rewards will include tickets to events, City of Westminster Merch, discount codes, coupons, gift cards, and gift baskets! We appreciate the time you all offer throughout the year to make our events a success!
To see all of our available volunteer opportunities, click here.