Forms & Report Requests

Request a Report

To request a report on traffic accidents or a criminal report, please print the Police Report Form and fill it in. The completed form can then be taken to the Westminster Police Department, Monday through Friday from 9 a. m. to 5 p. m. See the bottom of this page for further details and costs of reports. Checks or money orders are the only form of payment accepted.


  • Accident Report: $5
  • Police Report
    • Initial first page report: $5
    • Supplement pages: $1 each
  • Research
    • $10 deposit required
    • First 2 hours free 
    • $15 per hour
  • Photographs
    • Standard size: $2
    • 8 inches x 10 inches:  $8

Privacy Act

The Privacy Act governs all requests for reports, documents, and tapes. All requests will be reviewed in accordance with the Public Information Act of Maryland prior to their release. All Court Orders and Subpoenas must be made to the attention of the Custodian of Records. Please allow ample time for research.

Maryland Public Information Act

Those requesting public records from the Westminster Police Department pursuant to the Maryland Public Information Act (Title 4, Section 503 of the General Provisions Act - Maryland Annotated Code) should contact our Custodian of Records:

Westminster Police Dispatch
Work: 410-848-4646
Email by clicking here

Special Event Approval - State Highway Administration & City of Westminster

This application should be made at least 2 months prior to the date of the event. A special event is any activity which may affect the safe and normal movement of traffic along the State Highway system, or which may require the assistance of local, county, state police, or the State Highway Administration (SHA) is considered special. Activities such as parades, bike tours, races, fundraising or political marches, etc., require an SHA Special Event Permit.

Whoever is arranging for the event (event sponsor) shall contact the appropriate SHA District Office. The district staff will assist the applicant in identifying the agencies and contacts who must also review the permit before final approval (or denial) is issued. Machine copies are acceptable when forwarding the permit form to various governmental agencies.