The Westminster Police Department (WPD) is a full-service municipal police agency that provides community-oriented law enforcement services to the City of Westminster. We currently employ forty-five (45) police officers and twelve (12) civilian employees.
The Patrol Bureau provides uniformed patrol service to all areas of the City 24-hours a day/365 days a year. Officers respond to calls for service, employ proactive enforcement efforts, conduct foot and bicycle patrols, handle special events, and provide a number of additional police services.
The Criminal Investigations Bureau (CIB) is responsible for the investigation of major crimes and the service of outstanding arrest warrants and criminal summons. Additionally, several members of this Bureau are assigned to countywide multi-jurisdictional task forces that handle drug investigations and child abuse/sex crime investigations throughout Carroll County.
The Administrative Bureau handles a diverse group of responsibilities critical to the operation of the department, to include the Communications Division, property & evidence, fleet and facilities management, staff training and development, and police records functions.
We continuously accept applications for both Entry-Level and Certified Police Officer. We run hiring processes to fill existing vacancies. For further information and to apply, Click Here
For all Police Department employment opportunities, review our job postings.
For further information, please email email@example.com or call (410) 848-4246.
- Must be at least 21 years of age upon completion of the police training academy
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must posses a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Must possess a valid class D or C non-commercial driver's license, and a relatively clean driving record
- Must be in good psychological and physical condition.
- Must be of good moral character: no felony arrest(s) or misdemeanor convictions involving moral character, domestic violence, perjury or false statements
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, a commitment to public service, problem solving skills, empathy and social tolerance
- Must meet the state standards for appointment and certification as a police officer as required by the Maryland Police and Corrections Training Commission
Equal Opportunity Employment
The Westminster Police Department commits to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees, complying with local, state and federal laws. The Westminster Police Department’s policy is to employ qualified persons without discrimination regarding race, creed, color, religion, age, sex, country of national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political affiliation, or status in any other group protected by federal/state/local law.