Welcome to Downtown Westminster! A Designated Maryland and Nationally Accredited Main Street located within a National Historic District. Within a charming historic small-town setting, Downtown Westminster provides unique shopping in its one-of-a-kind, locally-owned, independent businesses. Pedestrian-friendly with wide sidewalks, gentle grade and mature shade trees, exploring downtown is complimented by its fascinating architectural features. It is also an arts and cultural heritage destination book-ended by the Historical Society of Carroll County at 206-216 East Main Street and the Carroll Arts Center at 91 West Main Street. The Carroll Arts Center, is located in the renovated historic, art deco Carroll Theater, home to the Tevis and Community Arts Galleries, numerous art shows, concerts, movies, and plays in a 263-seat theater.
Special events are an important part of life in Downtown Westminster, whether they are parades, lunchtime or evening concerts, art shows or street festivals. Come experience one of these events, as they are a great way to become familiar with all that Main Street and Downtown Westminster has to offer.
With 2 parking decks and numerous surface lots, Downtown Westminster has ample parking for residents and visitors alike so there is no need to worry about finding a parking space.
- Dining Guide - Find out why Foodies thrive in Downtown Westminster.
- Services Guide - Find out all of the personal and professional services that are available in Downtown Westminster, the County Seat of Carroll County.
- Shopping Guide - Find out what great stores Downtown Westminster has to offer so you can "Shop 'til You Drop!"
- Directions and Parking - Find out how easy it is to get to Main Street in Downtown Westminster and where to park when you get here!
- Events - Find out what special events are happening now on Main Street in Downtown Westminster!
- Farmers Market - Find out about our great downtown "producers only" seasonal open air farmers' markets so you can "Eat Fresh, Buy Local!"